Sunday, January 29, 2012

Perfection is Paralyzing

I'm happy to say that I'm dusting off the ol' blog and starting to post again.

Yes, there is never enough time. Yes, our life is crazy. But, I think the biggest factor for not posting is perfection. I want to craft perfectly written paragraphs with perfectly taken pictures...and when I can't, I don't.

So, here's my less-than-perfect, but otherwise written post. Our weekend was basically a usual Hall weekend - lots of cooking and kid-chasing.

  1. One trip to Railroad Park - flew kites, rode bikes, chased kids.
  2. Two batches of this amazing marinara sauce. Hello, slow cooker.
  3. One batch of these, good-luck-finding-a-better-recipe brownies.
  4. This chicken parmesan - yum.
  5. This Pioneer Woman lasagna.
  6. Six loads of laundry.
  7. Four rounds of dishes - thank you Bosch dishwasher!
  8. One case of conjunctivitis (Eleanor)
  9. One new car seat. (Eleanor will be pleased to look at other things besides her toes.)
  10. One rockin' sermon by Pastor Chris Hodges - wowzer.
  11. Countless hours of running around outside in the sun. This is January?
  12. A few, ok - several - cups of coffee.
  13. One barre routine at Grand Jete.
  14. One Handy-man Hall-built work bench.
Yep, that about covers it.


1 comment:

elizabeth.speck said...

Glad you're blogging again! Welcome back :)!